Have you been trying to figure out how to download that video a friend sent you via Twitter direct message? It seems at least a few of my clients have because I’ve received multiple requests lately. In this post, I’ll show you a quick way to download videos you receive in a direct message on Twitter.
Ok so your buddy sent you a great video from that party last weekend and you want to save it on your computer. Or in my case, a client tweeted me a video from their location so I can post it to their page for them. If you’ve clicked on and around the video in your message three hundred times feeling silly because it seems like this should be the easiest thing to do…..you’re not alone. I hear it often. Here’s one way to go about getting that video out of your DMs and onto your desktop to use later.
1. Open Twitter mobile on your desktop computer. Just visit mobile.twitter.com and log in to your account. Didn’t know you could do that? Well there you have it, two tips in one for those of you that just like the mobile interface better!
2. Go to the direct message in question and expand the video to full size by clicking anywhere on the video.
3. When viewing the expanded video, right-click on it with your mouse.
4. Select – Save Video As and save the video to your desktop as you normally would.
5. Use your video however you like.
As you can see, it’s actually a very simple process, just one you might not think to try!
So now it’s over to you. What else is troubling you?
If you have a question or need a process explained, comment on this post or go connect with me on Facebook, I’d be happy to help.